Mother’s Day is slowly creeping up and the kids and I haven’t started on any homemade gifts or cards for my mom yet. If you’re in the same boat, I have a collected a few fun Mother’s Day gift ideas and Mother’s Day card inspiration – both DIY and storebought – to show the special moms and mother figures in your and your children’s lives how much they’re appreciated.
Plus, stay tuned ’til the end of the post for a wonderful Hallmark Card Mother’s Day giveaway for you at the end of the post!
10 Ideas for Mother’s Day Gifts and Cards to Make
- Make a homemade picture frame (like these made with $1 wooden frames or use popsicle sticks for free!)
- Make a colorful upcycled card using old magazines or catalogs (we used this technique here and here)
- Make a bouquet of tissue paper flowers
- Make a yarn wrapped vase to go with your flowers
- Make a jar of hearts or flowers with special notes for mom
- Make a book of chore coupons for mom to use when she needs a break from everyday housework
- Make a cardboard heart locket
- Make thumbprint flower cards (just paint a circle in the middle and use thumbprints all around for the petals)
- Make a bouquet of egg carton flowers
- Bake a fancy box cake like this one
10 Ideas for Mother’s Day Gifts and Cards to Give
- Give mom a gift certificate for a spa treatment or mani/pedi
- Give mom a break with a pre-paid, pre-arranged babysitter
- Give mom a necklace with her children or grandchildren’s initials
- Give mom a month of yoga, pilates, or bootcamp classes
- Give mom a Fancy Box subscription (affiliate link)
- Give mom a pre-paid weekend away or girls night out
- Give mom a gift certificate to her favorite store
- Give mom a subscription to her favorite magazines
- Give your mom a pre-paid photo session for herself or with the family
- A beautiful Hallmark card or a Magic Prints personalized handprint card that you win below!
Hallmark Tell Mom… Mother’s Day Gift and Card Giveaway
I’m so pleased to be sharing a great Mother’s Day giveaway with you!
To win the Hallmark package containing all the cards you see featured here, including an audio recordable Magic Prints card and a Magic Prints frame, just leave a comment with the gift you’d most love to receive this Mother’s Day.
My picks? An entire day alone in my own house without the kids or the husband (priceless) or the Yves Saint Laurent Gold Metallic Belle du Jour Clutch ($650 at Bergdorf, honey, if you’re reading).
One lucky winner will receive:
- Magic Print Frame: Each Magic Prints frame comes with a mess-free Crayola® Magic Mitt ink applicator. When a child places his or her hand on the paper, their handprint appears, revealing a colorful pattern or message within the handprint.
- Magic Prints Greetings Card: Like the Magic Prints frame, your child can personalize the card with hand or footprints. Plus, your child can record his or her voice in an audio message on the card.
- Mother’s Day Signature Collection Greetings: Hallmark’s Signature Collection cards featuring sophisticated and stylish greetings handcrafted with beautiful papers, rich textures and appealing embellishments.
- Premium Classic Greetings: These greetings feature eye-catching premium designs with sparkle, shine, laser-cut patterns and bold colors that express messages of love and appreciation.
- Simply Motherhood Greetings: Hallmark’s new Simply Motherhood cards feature fresh photography paired with simply stated, warm messages to celebrate moms.
This was my favorite of the lot – and honestly, it was because of the amount of glitter and the color scheme, not the hilariously cheeky message:
The runner up was these great Magic Prints cards we can insert into a frame to give to Grandma:
It was so easy to make the prints and the words that appear underneath the prints were a magical surprise.
I tried to get the kids to only put one hand down, but they LOVED seeing their handprints appear, so we have a lot of happy prints to share!
- Leave a comment as described above to enter. Enter up to 3 times per person for the duration of the giveaway.
- Last entry accepted at 11:59 p.m. PDT on Friday, May 3rd.
- Winner will be notified by e-mail on Saturday, May 4th, and must be able to provide a mailing address to receive the prize package directly from Hallmark.
- Your e-mail and any other personal information submitted in connection with this giveaway will NOT be used by the Outlaw Mom (TM) blog or Hallmark, except the winner’s name and mailing address will be provided to Hallmark for purposes of sending the prize package ONLY.
Disclaimer: Hallmark sent me a complimentary package of the Hallmark cards and Magic Prints frame that you see in the post for review on the blog. Hallmark did not compensate me for my review nor did it dictate the substance of the post content. All opinions are my own. (Do you really think I would have it any other way?)