This weekend we were supposed to go on an impromptu Disneyland trip before school started, but we ended up staying home, so I had some time to make these cute First Day Of School Signs for my preschooler and pre-kindergartener.
They were so easy to put together and will make a great photo prop for our Monday morning first day of school pictures.
These affiliate links will take you to Amazon.
- Elmer’s Foam Board
- Cardstock (you could also use construction or wrapping paper, or any themed paper to suit your child’s interests, like music sheets or the sports page)
- Glue (we used Elmer’s Disappearing Purple School Glue Sticks because the children did the gluing, but otherwise I would have used the Elmer’s Craftbond Spray Glue Adhesive)
First, cut your foam board down to size if it’s too big. I cut a 20″ x 30″ board in half to make two equal-sized signs.
Third, add whatever lettering you desire. I handcut letters from self-adhesive glitter foam for my daughter’s Pre-K sign and pasted handcut patterned cardstock letters over a glitter foam rectangle for my son’s Preschool sign.
Some fun alternatives:
- Leave a square blank for your child’s “All About Me” answers to things like my favorite color, my best friend, my favorite class, etc.
- Add the year to one of the squares.
- Highlight your child’s name and age on the sign.
- Paste a photo of your child and/or your family in place of a cardstock-covered square.
How do you document your children’s first and last day of school? Please share in the comments!