This week (with Halloween around the corner), I’m loving Candy Mosaic Art, like the celebrity portraits made by local San Francisco artist Jason Mecier, who is famous for making these intricate works from candy.
Some of his candy portraits take 50 hours or more and Mecier also uses trash as his medium, often from the actual celebrities’ own trash. Learn more about Mecier in his interviews and articles at The Huffington Post and his website and also check out this fantastic jelly bean art from Kristen Cumings, Peter Rocha, and Malcolm West.
Isn’t this a much better idea for the bags of Halloween Candy your children bring home?
For more art and learning ideas with candy, visit our fun posts from the past:
- Halloween Candy Math (Patterns)
- Easter Candy Math (Sorting and Counting)
- Gumdrop Math (Building and Shapes)
- Marshmallow Snowflakes (Art and Fine Motor)
- JELL-O Play (Shapes and Sensory)