You know my favorite season is fall, but you probably didn’t know that my favorite “holiday” is Halloween! How could it not be, when it’s the one “holiday” that colorfully ushers in all of the upcoming season’s festivities? Once it hits, you know you’re in the thick of crisp fall fun and heading full throttle into all of winter’s celebratory delights.
Yes, it is cheesy, but it’s a veritable Halloween-themed Disneyland that your children will absolutely adore exploring. Both Jane and Sam nearly had to be hauled out in one of the pumpkin wagons at closing time.
Here are a few more of our favorite moments at Lemos Farm:
Details for your visit:
- Lemos Farm is located on 12320 San Mateo Road (Highway 92) in Half Moon Bay. Just follow 92 down into Half Moon Bay and it will be on your right before you even get into town. If you get lost, call the farm at (650) 726-2342.
- Hours are 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. daily.
- Go on a weekday, if you can, to avoid the crowds.
- Parking and admission are free, but it costs $5 for the pony ride and to enter the bouncy house play area; $3 for the train ride, hay ride and haunted house; and $1 for the petting zoo.
- Some snack food and refreshments are available, but it would be better to eat before or after your visit.
- You can also schedule pony parties, hay rides and laser tag at the farm.
- If you like the Pumpkin Patch, come back at Christmastime for their Winter Wonderland.
- Don’t be scared away by the Half Moon Bay fog – just layer up and have fun!