When it’s too hot or too cold to play outside, these active indoor activities are just right!
It’s supposed to sunny and warm here by now, but we’re going through a cold snap and suffering from repeated bouts of cabin fever with this extended winter season. The good thing is that we’ve built up a great list of go-to activities for burning off some of that extra bounce-off-the-walls energy when we can’t go out to play. Bookmark this post for those scorcher summer days ahead, too!
1. Dance to your favorite music
2. Jump and learn with Tape Shapes
4. Play Musical Chairs
5. Play Balloon Badminton
6. Play Indoor Hopscotch (8 different ways)
7. Set up a Themed Obstacle Course
8. Pretend to be Animals
9. Have a Pom Pom Ball Battle
10. Walk a Tape Path
11. Play Twister With Party Plates
12. Have fun with Indoor Sidewalk Chalk
13. Build a Fort
14. Run around with a homemade Indoor Sled for your toys
15. Have a Glow In The Dark Dance Party with glow sticks
16. Act Out your favorite nursery rhymes
17. Run, jump, and slam into some Bubble Wrap
18. Play Sidewalk Simon using construction paper
19. Go Island Hopping
20. Build and experiment with a Homemade Parachute
21. Toss Bean Bags
22. Go Crayon or Block Bowling
23. Have a Pillow Sack Race
24. Play Indoor Baseball
25. Twirl with Ribbons
26. Play Knock ‘Em Down
27. Set up Crawl Tunnels using couch cushions, pillows, and blankets.
28. Run through Your Own Race Track
30. Play Cup & Ball Toss
Of course, you could also just get out there and enjoy the weather!
Big thanks to